This summer at Radiance my occupation involved providing assistance to a company with no expert source of English training. My primary goal was to help present a more focused and flawless outward image to the spa’s clientele, through both online and print sources. Among my responsibilities, I assisted in the groundwork involved with launching a new website as well as preparing for a future expansion. My responsibilities included managing social media, proofreading documents and the new website, researching and reporting on features regarding the expansion, and designing a guidebook for the front desk staff. Because of my work in these areas, I believe I’ve helped to provide a more organized and well-rounded community within the spa, a better image to the clients, and more readily accessible information to all involved.
As for what I myself have gained from this experience, I can say that I’ve had great practice in dealing with real-world projects and am pleased with the new content I can add to my portfolio.
My background at DSU absolutely prepared me for this position. My education through composition, grammar, rhetoric, and new media has made me equipped and ready to take on this role. The class which I consciously drew from the most was Informatics with Dr. Berry, where I first discovered the infographic and learned to process and present information in a way which is clearest and best attracts attention.
I would absolutely love to do this kind of work for a living! I have nothing but positive things to say about my employment at Radiance, and I’m thankful that I was given this opportunity to practice putting my degree to work.
My background at DSU absolutely prepared me for this position. My education through composition, grammar, rhetoric, and new media has made me equipped and ready to take on this role. The class which I consciously drew from the most was Informatics with Dr. Berry, where I first discovered the infographic and learned to process and present information in a way which is clearest and best attracts attention.
I would absolutely love to do this kind of work for a living! I have nothing but positive things to say about my employment at Radiance, and I’m thankful that I was given this opportunity to practice putting my degree to work.