![]() |
| Visitor center house render with landscaping |
The shrubs worked out very well for most of the houses I tested them with, but the flowers were a bit more challenging. It was almost impossible to find flowers that would work when being photoshopped into the render. So Matt and I decided that we'd have to go through his 3D program and work a bit more with the landscaping in there. I also had to touch up the Texas renderings, once again. I'm sure by the time I'm officially done with my internship we wont have to ever touch those renderings again. I have also started working on promotional ads for Dakotafest and State Fair. We'll be featuring houses at both of these events, and Tyler has wanted me to start working on templates for promotional ads for now and future references. I've started on a Dakotafest ad, but it's pretty rough since we don't have a lot of content made up for it yet.
![]() |
| Rough template design |
Like I said, it's pretty raw so far and will be open for a lot of changes if needed, but at least I have a starting point. The 3D model image at the top and in the ad is a rendering of the actual Dakotafest house that's being built in the plant right now. I have also been taking progress pictures of the Dakotafest house as it's being built from the ground up.
| Dakotafest house in progress |
Other than all the promotional ads and renderings its been pretty quiet this week. From day one, I've been using Tyler's personal Mac laptop as my "work laptop." He never really used it for anything but a spare computer so I've become it's temporary owner this entire time. It's a little intimidating to use someone else's personal computer, but so far I've only had few issues with it. Tyler never really used his Mac for much so when I started downloading Adobe programs onto the computer and using mulitiple softwares at once, this little Mac was having issues keeping up with me. Matt and I decided to have Tyler move most of his personal stuff onto a few external drives, just in case. Surprisingly this proved a little more difficult than it should've been. After a day of mild temper tantrums from the Mac, major file sorting, and my patience being completely tested we finally got Tyler's files moved and the Mac is running a lot smoother. Hopefully I didn't just jinx myself!

