July 14, 2014
Weekly Internship Journal
Since this is my real job too its really hard to differentiate between internship work and regular work. That being said it has been some time since i was last able to do some solid designing for the store. I did do some face booking and random prettying of things about the store during that time but this week I for sure have a lot to accomplish. I was assigned the task of recreating the employee handbook. So this week I did a lot of research on what, legally, needs to be in a handbook according to the South Dakota state law. Really, it wasn't that bad. From what I have found its really just a lot of things that need to be mentioned to cover both the store owner and employees bottoms should anything happen. My manager also wants to make it so that if there are any easy questions while he is not at the store that the employees can easily look to the handbook and find what they need. My goals for next week is to have a really super good start and maybe even a proof of what the handbook will look like and how it will function.