With my fianl week as an intern, I've been switching projects left and right. I've been researching presentation package designs by other companies to get an idea of what I should start off with. Along with Tyler's ideas and my own, I've come up with a template that will work with all of the companies they would like to present to. It's pretty simple looking, but it gets the point across and that's what we're going for in the long run. I've created options pages and agreement pages for a package presentation for at least 5 different oil rig companies we're trying to settle with down in Texas. There are still some final touches that need to be worked on, but that's where I'll need Tyler's input on them.
 |
| Priority Oil company executive options page |
 |
| All Oilfield Accomidations reservation sheet |
Like I said before, working on the designs for all of these packages has me running back and forth, because not all the companies will be getting the same deals. I'll have to go in and tweak them so they fit the right company and their needs. I do have some spare time to myself when Tyler doesn't ask me to work on the packages. I started to mess with logo designs for the company, because Tyler was telling me one day that he really hated their logo. I haven't come up with anything too solid yet, and it's really just a little side project that I've been doing on my own time. I'm still taking photos of the Dakotafest and State Fair houses. The Dakotafest house is coming along nicely, and finally got drywall put in! State Fair has made some major improvement, as well. Won't be long before they're ready for the docks and then off to their events.
 |
| Drywall is in the Dakotafest house |
 |
| State Fair house is moving up and over |
I have learned a lot since I've been at Custom Touch Homes. I feel like I've gotten a pretty good feel for what it would actually be like designing/working with a client or a company, and all the accomplishments AND headaches that can come with the job. Even though some of the work I did could be considered pretty simple I feel like my skills have improved and will keep improving as I work with others in the future. I've also learned a lot about the housing business and oil rigging companies that we're involved with, and it's a pretty intense feeling to know that you were involved in helping grab the attention of those companies so that CTH could expand their image across the country. CTH also decided that they would keep me on full-time until school would start since we arent exactly finished with promotions and other projects. I'm very grateful for the opportunity that CTH has given me and I will always keep all the work I've done for them in mind as I move up in my career.