Saturday, July 26, 2014

Mellobrass Studios Week 2

My second week of my internship has been an eventful one. Dave decided that we needed a break from the mix and that we should take the weekend off and do something fun. Me Dave and his family went up to Maine for the weekend and we went sight seeing up there.


When we got back from Maine we got right back at it. Dave and I completed he drum sequencing for the first section of the song. Next, Dave asked me to come up with a marimba part to go into the second section of the song. He liked the part I came up with a lot and decided we would use it. We started importing my marimba part and we added more drums into the mix. He also told me that I should come up with a piano part for the very end of the song. I wrote a short part and he helped me fine tune it to get it to fit the song well.

I am having a great time out here and I am learning a lot! I've been invited to come back and work with Dave in the future. I can't wait to apply what I have been learning to my senior year at DSU. Since coming out here I feel much more confident in my abilities now and plan to get better and better at what I do.