This week I started working more on our 3D renderings for the Texas projects. Our 3D intern, Matt, and I have been getting closer to creating the final look of the 3D models, but once we think we've got them down our supervisor wants to add a bunch of changes. This means that he and I have to go back to the renderings, tweak them, and then I have to redo the final photoshop touches. I'm starting to understand what it would actually feel like at a real job when a client keeps changing their mind and asks you to come up with something different. This basically means in a nice way that they want you to start all over. However, it is good practice for me to really improve the design look so the renders look as "real" as they can.
 |
| Standard Lodge: getting closer to being finished |
 |
| Executive Lodge: added decks to the newest renders |
I completed the final design of the Bay City, TX flyer this week. Just like with the renderings, I was asked multiple times to redo sections ,if not entire flyer, over again. I was pretty happy when I sent the my supervisor the last email asking if he approved of the design, and being able to officially save the design one last time. It's a fairly basic flyer, but that's what we were going for. Short, sweet, and to the point.
 |
| The final design for Bay City, TX flyer |
To finish up my week at CTH, our 3rd intern, Nicole Ramstad, and I drove down to the head office in Mitchell to go out with KSFY, and do a photo shoot of homes previously built by CTH. KSFY was taking footage of the 10 houses for a commercial they were going to put together for CTH. I was asked by my supervisor, who knew I had a photo minor, to go with them and take some photos of the houses they would be shooting. He wanted to use the shot for our Facebook page, and other references. He also sent some of my photos over to KSFY just in case they would want to use them for anything, as well.
 |
| On site with KSFY, Tyler, and Nicole |
It was really exciting to get the chance to actually use my other skills as a photographer, and help show off the true quality of CTH housing. People can be a little misled by the quality of a house that is built indoors, and completed within 28 days. They can get that mindset that it's something "Made in China" and will be made out of poor quality. However, I can personally say that these houses are far from that, and especially when they are placed in their permanent locations. I also noticed that a lot of the homes would add a deck, or some other special feature to create a more personal touch to the house.
 |
| One of the completed CTH homes I took photos of. |