Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Email Blast Results

Right away Monday I sent out the campaign of the email blast I had been working on. The official stats are 21.8% opened and 1.7% clicked. The benchmark is 19%-24% open and 2%-4% clicks. That I know of, we did not get any sales but I could not track that yet. I should be able to on the next campaign.

We had a very high bounce rate, way above average (25%). After researching, I had found that yahoo had completely blocked all email from us. On Wednesday I sent a couple of email to Yahoo to have us unblocked. I received a response on Friday that our next campaign should go through. Since our stats hit and almost hit without 25% of emails going through, then the next campaign should be very good. I am looking forward to it.

I checked the stats out on the campaign every few hours and I through it I could see which emails got through, when, and what on the email was clicked. Most of the clicks went onto the fake website bar near the top.

Did some other small projects around the place while waiting for results. One was to create a laminated door sign. Which one person did not like that it was a full sheet so I had to redo it.


Then I spent the rest of the time going through our eBay listing and deleting the advertisements and changing the listing template. I started with the top products and went down.


While looking through the templates I saw some really awesome goggles that I did not know we had. They are steam-punkish and apparently a thousand sold last year around Halloween. I told them how awesome they were and Bob (the owner) told me I could have a pair for free.