This week concludes my required hours of internship. It has been a great learning experience, and I look forward to continuing on at KSFY as a part time employee. Overall, I feel like I was prepared for, and learned from, this position. Given the opportunity, I could see myself working for the news station on a full time basis.
 |
| The Studio Building |
To summarize my position at KSFY, I am working as Production Assistant. As a PA, my main responsibility is the studio cameras. I receive a list of shots that the director wants in the show, and it is my job to set them up during the show. Other responsibilities that I may have include running the teleprompter and distributing scripts.
 |
| I finally found my way into a photo |
The one major lesson I have learned from my time here has been how important everyone is in order to get the news on the air. Everybody from the director all the way down to the PA has a job to do, and they are all required for a smooth show. It doesn’t matter who screws up (if anybody does), it is just as noticeable as anybody else’s mistake. We are all a team, and we either succeed or fail together.
 |
| The CG operator and the Producer hard at work |