Tuesday, July 15, 2014

My First SALE campaign

This is where the learning began. My first email blast. My first confrontation with Facebook Ad rules.
My first graphic handed over to my online sales/copy writer. 

The St. Patty's Sale:

I figured out my priorities. You can't design one graphic and use it across all platforms because each has it's own set of rules. 
  • Problem one: If you want to promote a graphic on Facebook you can only fill 20% of that graphic with text. Choosing the words and placing them wisely was a new challenge.
  • Problem two: Time management. Not realizing the rules before-hand caused me to create 3 separate designs instead of rearranging/resizing an original design.
  • Solution: Now, I start with designing the Facebook graphic first. This actually keeps me in check with "over-designing" or making things "too busy" something I've been infamous for before. 
  • I think in future posts you will be able to see how my design style has evolved.
  • A small shock: When my graphics are posted online for the public, they are done so by my online sales/copy writer, Brooke. Realizing that once I hand them over I'm no longer in control of them was a small "shock" (-for lack of a better word) for me. --- You may notice that there was a filter applied over top of the graphic I made for the Instagram sale feature (Top Left) which was shocking to me but was not in my control. To see something I made be manipulated (although very slight) was hard for me at first. --- The same thing happens with the email blasts, the original design gets "cut up" so that some parts are clickable and I find that the final product isn't always exactly lined up how I intended etc… 
  • Solution: I've learned to become less attached to what I create. In the world of fashion things/trends/sales/features all change so quickly. It can be exhausting, and I'm working on letting the little things slide :)


Instagram post TOP,  Facebook post: BOTTOM             Email Blast:

__________________________________________________________________________

Of course while the sale is running there still needs to be products featured.
Here are a few of my first features:

Wedge heel Facebook feature: 


 Outfit Facebook feature: 

 Outfit Facebook feature: