Monday, July 21, 2014

Keep it Moving

Not much of my work has changed this week. When I have spare time, I work on the promotional ads for Dakotafest and State Fair houses. Until I get the final renders of both houses I'm kind of at a stand still with those ads. Once again my photography skills came into play when I was asked if I would take photos of all the salesmen, other staff members, and a group shot of the crew for our new upcoming magazines and website use. I'll have to admit, I can understand how a school photographer feels when kids dont listen or pay attention when they ask them to sit still or "look this way." Keep in mind this is me taking, or trying, to take pictures of adults. Lets just say it was a fun and interesting experience.

I'm still taking progress photos of the Dakotafest house at the begining and ending of ever week. As of right now, most of the pictures I take look about the same to anyone who isn't able to tell the difference, but I can tell you that there are major changes to the inside. However, they've started working on the State Fair house! The boys in the plant have fallen behind just a tad, so they're kicking it into overdrive and working a lot harder to get both of these houses up and out the door in time for both events.

State Fair house has entered the race

Two of our top supervisors, Jeff and Jerry, were down here on Thursday going over a bunch of different things with Tyler, the salesmen, and our intern group. So imagine everyone running around this place with their heads cut off, and that's about what the atmosphere was like. Tyler started talking to Nicole Ramstad and I about coming up with a presentation/package design for some of the companies they would be presenting all of the different options we can provide them when it comes to lodging. After getting opinions from all of us, including Jerry, we decided that I would create a folder “package” for when presenting all of the options to the future workers, and to higher up employers. I will also start working on a presentation “package” layout for the more one on one discussions between us and companies down in Texas. 

Options page layout for presentation package idea

This week has been pretty on and off with knowing what I'm going to be working on. Now that I have this presentation package to work on I'd say I'll stay pretty busy for now. Who knows what else will get thrown at me next week.