Tuesday, July 1, 2014

E-mail Blasts

I’ve been by mostly by myself this week. Lindsay has a sick child and Chris (photographer next to me) has been on vacation. I basically just spend my week going down the list on Google drive of things that need finishing that are simple. Lindsay has been trying to keep contact with me over email for my project on Mailchimp. Mailchimp is what we are using for a blast e-mail.

I spent some time last week on researching the best times and layouts and whatnot for using blast emails. A few things I have learned are what days and what times of day people are most likely to open a blast email. How frequently to send these emails and comparing schedules of emails I have received. Layout and link of the emails; is the email one image linking to the homepage or is it filled with text and pictures but only a button that links.



I do not have a smartphone so I had the challenge of finding out if the email is easy to read on a phone. Luckily, the site Mailchimp shows a preview of what it should looks like on the phone, even rotated. I have had to restart my template because the images did not transfer well to a phone. It was something with the coding.




I think the hardest part of this project is just figuring out what to send the email about. It seems that the marketing/graphic design of this company is very separate from the brand managers. I feel we need more contact so that we can discuss what is or is not selling well and what we have too much of.