Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Custom Touch Homes

Hi, I'm Nicole Jurrens. My first week of my internship I was discussing with my supervisor, Tyler Jones, what he would have me all doing there. After we discussed everything, my main job title became Graphic Designer/Marketing Assistant. I would be working on creating graphics, magazine layouts, promotional ads, 3D renderings, taking photos around the plant, and other odd jobs.
Bay City, TX flyer rough draft
One of my first jobs was to come up with a promotional flyer for our Bay City, TX oil rigging company that CTH would be providing housing for the workers and exectutive members of the companies that would possibly want to live onsite. This is only the rough draft version of what I had come up with, because they already had a flyer created for Snyder, TX and wanted me to sort of go off of that flyer to begin with.
Standard lodge 3D rendering/edited
Another job that I was told about is that I would be working with another intern on 3D renderings. Thankfully, it wasn't my job to do the 3D renderings, because I'm pretty rusty with 3D. My job was to take the renderings, and make them look more realistic. So originally there was just the house, but after I put it through Photoshop, I added a new background, trees, and a few pieces of landscape. Our supervisor was thinking about trying to add a few more elaborate items to the final shot, but I convinced him that we wouldn't to clutter the image by putting a bunch of useless items in one image. The point of the render is so that the future tenants/workers would get a better idea of what they would be living in.
Actual Standard lodge getting ready to be sent to Texas
In my spare time, I've been asked to take photos around the plant, and of anything and everything that we could possibly use for future references for the company.