Thursday, August 7, 2014

Wrapping it up with a Postcard- farewell

This here is a picture of the mug I took called " For The Troopers" he created. He is selling this mug for 18 bucks and he is also selling glass mugs with his engravings. I am not quite sure how much those are going for but they all turned out pretty neat. I should have grabbed a picture of them while i was there.






        This last project i created a post card. The post card can be for sale or just to give away for keeps sake. This one is by far the better project i created in Photoshop. Through all the searching online of how post cards can be created i think i figured out what i wanted to do. Everything pretty much just came to me. I got in the zone and started coming up with ideas left and right. I decided to enlarge one of his paintings and use them as a large portion of the post card. I think the image on the left brings the whole thing together.

         When i thought i was finished with it, it all looked to plain. I could not figure out what needed to be added. So i thought what if i showed off more of his paintings. That is what the final version consist of. With this project everything looks like it balances out, the spacing is perfect. I did not post the back to the post card because there is not much to it. the front has everything and the back has a place to sign and write notes. I enjoyed doing this project. This one is by far one of my favorites. I just might have to keep one for myself :) Sad that this journey is over but i am glad that it began.
The Final Piece :)

Farewell!