I’m thrilled this week because my first big project seems to have
turned out to be a smashing success. The new guide book for the spa looks
better than ever and the functionality of it is immensely improved. I got my
feedback first thing from the bigwigs and then showed off the work to some
other coworkers throughout the week. I received many ‘oh-my-goshes’, and Sheri
told me it seemed to be exactly what
she was looking for! I must admit it is a vast improvement from the sorry state
it was in.
This week I mostly caught up on some
odds and ends. I did some more marketing research on my own and concluded that Google+
would be a great addition to the previous social media circles we were in. This
took longer than I expected to set up since Google was no longer accepting
phone verification, but I actually did get it rolling in under a week.
The other work I began this week was some editing and reorganizing of the new website (which has yet to be launched). I got to be the Managing Editor for the site and had a really good time exploring it since it’s such a big change from the previous website.
![]() |
| Before |
![]() |
| After |
I started by copy-pasting each branch of the website into Word, just to streamline the editing process. I found way more mistakes by using this simple method than I expected to find at all. It’s funny how easy it is to overlook easy solutions such as that. And they can really do wonders to improve the image and credibility of your website.


