I wish I could share every detail of what I’ve been up to as of late. Unfortunately, at this particular time that’s not possible. I will say I’ve been quite busy indeed.
This week, I elected to write up a document of all the details a good employee should learn and know regarding the (mystery) treatment I hinted at last week. None of the other employees yet know of the new, novel spa remedy. This meant I had a lot to teach which I find tremendously exciting. My guidebook included a lengthy description of the process of the therapy, as well as information on the properties of the products used, contraindications, a portion regarding treatment during pregnancy, and the physical benefits of the process. I also gathered pre-session tips and advices for both staff and client and a comprehensive FAQ.
However, the main focus of my energy this week was in the making of an infographic. It seemed crucial that the information be made easily available for social media platforms and readily accessible to customers.
I’m very much pleased by the way this endeavor worked out. I’d learned all about the concepts and making of infographics last semester in Dr. Berry’s classes, and this made me very confident in my task. I think these infographics are the best I’ve done yet. I made two different versions: one with the spa’s name and one without. The nameless one is out there on the web somewhere, but I sadly cannot link to it when the name of my employer is readily available from this blog. Soon enough though the news will be made public.
Oddly enough, over the past week I learned essentially everything I now know about photoshopping. I’d never used it for much of anything before, and somehow I was able to pick up whatever skills I needed to make the infographics everything I wanted them to be.
My only challenges were living up to my own (rather high) standards and not letting myself become overwhelmed. I’m very much a perfectionist. I think mostly it just helped to power through what I was working on rather than become fixated on making each tiny detail exactly right. By the time I had every element I needed fleshed out, I was confident enough in what I was working on that I was able to go back and nitpick and make appropriate changes later.
My best experience was showing my work to my family and my boss. That’s always the most rewarding part to me, when people tell me ‘good job’ or what have you.
