Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Week 2 at Weisser Distributing

On Monday we had a company come in to see if they wanted to invest in us. This is after a lot of rain and the tornado in Sioux Falls that weekend. The rain had messed up some of the pipes and it smelled like sewer. They had the warehouse door open in an attempt to clean it out before these people arrived. By the time they did come by, I think it was fine. Or I could have been used to the smell.

Anyways, the entire day was spent making business cards. They had two cards that they showed me that were professionally done but they wanted to print them out at the warehouse. So I made 5 different designs based on what the cards were styled like. When I gave them to Lindsay she picked out the one that was the simplest.


The rest of the day was spent getting everyone’s information to put on the cards and printing them off. The printer was like a printer you could buy from Walmart for cheap and the paper for the cards was a rough cardstock. There was no gloss finish and I had to print of several different reds to find the cleanest red that was sort of close to what Weisser uses for their logo.

I learned that CMYK black is not all 0s or whatever. And also that to get a clean red I had to go more orange and really bright to get a dark non-saturated red. It was kind of fun researching what to do and then trial and error on printing.




By Wednesday there were a few more orders for the cards and I had to print out more and have a different design. Weisser Distributing is the local Sioux Falls warehouse, they use Auto Body Now for anything online. So depending the person, I had to switch out different information and logos to print out one or both.




I was cutting out these cards till the afternoon. I’m not quite sure on the numbers but it was well over 300. Some people wanted 10 or so cards, but it went up to 50. Most people didn’t need the cards but wanted them anyways because they seemed professional to have. I printed myself out a sheet in the beginning to use as a test. ­