Sunday, June 22, 2014

HTML and Mailblasts

Week 3 at Weisser Distributing.

I learned a lot about eBay and html. How your store is set up is all in html. They had the store part all right, but the listing for the item description was cringe worthy. It was a premade eBay template with Route 66 and then several advertisements in the description.


  
I went through eBay’s premade templates to find something that would be better suited temporarily. There is a premade that is black with a dashboard on it. That was as nice as we were going to get. But it turns out you cannot change the template on everything at once. You have to go into each item and change it.

Some other parts for research were relearning html since I had not messed with it since high school. I found basic templates for listings and played around with them. I copied different htmls and put them into notepad ++ to mess around with the code. I also downloaded a plugin to mess with any sites code (only on my side) so I could look at another eBay listing’s design and see how there’s was.



On a side note, there was the huge storms on Monday and the interstate was closed, which is why I had extra hours because I had nowhere to go. I ended up staying in Sioux Falls at a friend’s house.

On Wednesday I was given the assessment to research Mailchimp and send out mass emails like newsletters and such. I found out how to present emails and what content was needed. Also when to send emails and what days and occasions they should be sent. So what I am currently working on is research and layouts for mass emails to be sent out.