Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Chesterman Coca-Cola Internship

Hello, I am Casey Colvert and I am starting a design internship at Chesterman Coca-Cola in Sioux City, IA. As the name says, this company is a family owned franchise of Coca-Cola and they have allowed me to work as an intern doing all sorts of design and video editing.

My supervisor gave me a list of all the projects I will be working, some being smalls things here and there while also having a project that would be worked on throughout my entire internship. For my internship long project, I will be designing and editing a tour video that talks about the company and what it does. I am to include elements of graphic design, video capturing, video editing, and as well as voice recording.

Before even touching a computer, my supervisor had me start off simple for the week by contributing a banner for the company's annual safety banner contest. The idea was to get me in the right mindset for designing their video as safety is a major concern for the company. For this, I decided to do something that was current that most of the people in the company could relate to. I settled with the "Duck Dynasty" show and incorporated the owners of the company, being father and sons, as a safety dynasty in my banner.